Welcome to Northfield Dog Training. We offer weekly dog training classes at our southwest Ann Arbor, Michigan facilities, including Puppy training, Beginner obedience training, Agility training, from beginners through competition, Rally obedience, and Novice, Open, and Utility obedience classes.
Our instructors, dog trainers who have all been teaching dog training classes for a minimum of 10 years, have a combined 85+ years of experience.
Our big building was custom built for dog training activities and has the best cushioned floor in the area. We have a large variety of breeds training with us, including many mixed breeds.
After Adele brought home her new Flat-Coated Retriever puppy "Sonic" in October of 2011, she started producing short videos of training sessions. Adele plans to make this an ongoing project as Sonic gains skills from each new class level. Adele has created an index of the videos as they relate to the obedience classes she teaches. See all of them by following the "Books, Videos & Essays>Class videos" link on the left.
Schedule competition obedience lessons with Adele Yunck, agility lessons with Denise Tarby, or floor time here:
Northfield Dog Training |
Check out Adele's blog . She writes on a variety of mostly dog-related topics.
- NDT's late spring agility schedule is now posted to NDT's website. Please browse and find the class that works for your dog and you. Hope to see you this summer in the climated controlled builing.
- Remember to check here for possible class postponements due to bad weather.
- Terry Jacobus, of Pawzitively Positive, is teaching her classes at NDT on several evenings a week in the small building and Saturday afternoons in the big building. Among other offerings, she teaches Treibball, Nosework, Canine Freestyle, and C-WAGS classes. See her website for more information.
- We are looking at offering Adele's Tricks for Strength class and Tricks Circuit class in the
small training building on Tuesday evenings with me (LOL Marcia) teaching/coordinating if
there is interest. Below are the descriptions of what the classes cover and please just let me know if anyone has any questions...
Tricks for Strength for this class you should have taken Fundamentals or knowledge of training with food and a dog under reasonable control around other dogs.
This class will explore ways to build strength in your dog through a variety of tricks, such as beg, crawl, spin, back up, side pass, and position changes. This is a treat heavy class, so plan accordingly.
Tricks Circuit you will need to have taken the Tricks for Strength class
This class entails doing a 25 minute dog exercise circuit, starting with warming up, then doing the circuit of 8 different stations whose order will vary from week to week, finishing with some stretching. Dress for exercise and bring lots of treats!
- Interested in scheduling some floor time in one of NDT's two training buildings? We have added this feature to our Schedulicity sign-up page. Floor time does NOT give you exclusive use of the area. If you want to do that for a group of trainers, use the 'Reserve the ? side of the building' selection.
We are now selling floor time tickets, where you get 6 hours for the price of 5: $50 for 6 1-hour tickets for current NDT students and $75 for 6 tickets for others. Email us if you are interested in buying a packet.